12 May 2009

3 things every pregnant woman needs


There are three things a pregnant woman can’t live without: a water bottle, a body pillow and several Bella Bands.

Towards the end of my pregnancy, I know I wouldn’t have gotten any sleep if it hadn’t been for my body pillow. That big huge belly of mine needed support. The pillow filled in the gaps between the bed and belly. It also kept my knees from hurting. Since giving birth, I’ve discovered the body pillow is still helping me sleep better. There are just certain positions my body parts don’t like anymore, but the pillow provides a wonderful cushion.

The two Bella Bands I purchased online at about three months were a lifesaver. Shaped like a tube top, the band goes around your waist to help keep your pants up. (More at www.ingridandisabel.com/bellaband) I was able to wear my regular jeans until I was more than six months along. Then I used the bands to keep my maternity jeans up. Now I’m using them again as I transition back into my pre-maternity jeans. Those bands sure helped me avoid having to purchase a whole new wardrobe. I bought one black and one white. Next time around I think I’ll add a few more colors to my stockpile. Although I bought the bands online, I’ve since noticed that Target is carrying them. One word of caution: one pair of jeans (my most expensive pair, of course) didn’t like being zipped up half way, and the zipper broke.

When you’re trying to drink 128 ounces of water a day, a water bottle is essential. Keeping track of how many 8-ounce glasses I drank was impossible, and I lost count mid-day. With the 32-ounce, non-breakable water bottle, I just had to fill it up four times. It was still difficult to down that much liquid, but at least I could keep track and report accurately to my midwife!

While nothing can make pregnancy hassle-free, these three items sure helped me stay sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails