28 July 2009

Need coffee?


I discovered a great little coffee shop in Minneapolis this week. Anodyne at 43rd and Nicollet.

Anodyne means “something that soothes, calms or comforts”. I spent two peaceful afternoons there. Yet the place - and its coffee - was invigerating. Or maybe that was the company I was with.

A sprial staircase in one corner leads the way to nowhere. Art on the walls explores the subject of eyes. A long table down the center of the coffee shop offered places to sit for people on computers (there’s free wireless), neighbors, and us, a group of five ranging from four months to 31.



I tried the mocha blended with Sebastian Joe’s ice cream one day, and the Honey Bear Toddy (ice mocha with cinnamon and honey) the next. I wish I would have tried the Mischief Turbo (homemaid chai with a hint of orange blended with ice cream). I tasted my friends and oh! it was delicious!

The place, as described by the web site (anodynecoffeehouse.com) says: “Although we began as a coffee shop, we now also define ourself as a homemade eatery offering a complete menu of made-from-scratch, fresh daily classics.  We mix in seasonal specials in our selection of salads, soups and sandwiches to keep things interesting.  Satisfying both an urban feel and a local vibe, we are also a cultural hang out offering free, live music, open mic, and an art gallery that changes monthly.” Oh, and you can also hit a Farmers’ Market across the street every Sunday from 8:30am to 1:00pm. 




1 comment:

  1. Wow! You're quick! What a great review. And I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails