24 July 2014

"I wish I could...."

- Travel the world. Oh, I want to see EVERYWHERE! I'd love to do the sort of thing that Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman did when they went from London to New York on motorcycles in The Long Way Round, and then again from Scotland to Cape Horn, South Africa in The Long Way Down. Motorcycling across the world would be amazing. The smells. The sights. The experience! I would settle for RVing across the United States in a few years with my family, though. At least until they're a bit older and I can jet off on a motorcycle. Maybe I'll try to squeeze in a motorcycle trip through Italy earlier... And if I could get paid for writing about my trip somehow, that would be the icing on the cake.

- Write a best-selling book. Or at least a good one. I keep intending to start a novel every November during National Novel Writing Month, but then every year, I am busy. Pregnant - or teaching - or going to school - or working alot - or [fill in the blank]. I used to say I needed to wait until I was older and had more life experience, and then I could write a great book. But now I feel like I should have done this already. One autumn, I was really going to do it. I even sketched out a brief outline of the book and picked character names... But then... Well, you know... I got too busy. Which really means I filled my life with other things.

- Be a really great mom and raise some fantastic kids. I really, really want to do this mothering thing right, and I have lots of ideas for the sorts of attributes I want to instill in my kids. I want to teach and nurture and care and love them. I don't want to be Supermom, and there isn't someone else I'm trying to be, but I do want to be my idea of a Good Great Mom. And then I lose my patience... And it seems like I might never be what I want to be.

- Learn how to weld.
- Mosaic sides of buildings.
- Make a stained glass Tiffany lamp.
- Grow all my own veggies.
- Transform my whole yard into an amazing garden with room for the kids to play, a cute shed, and hidden spots.
- Make a hidden room in my house!

And more...


1 comment:

  1. I notice that you put a lot of pressure on yourself. It's ok to be busy and have other things take precedence. This isn't a guilt list...it's a dream list. You still have time for everything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails