07 August 2014

Who was kind to you this week?

... My aunt, Renee, while sitting in the living room where her husband was dying, leaned over and told me what a sweetheart I was.

... The ladies from my Bible Study all let me know they were praying for me and my family members as my Uncle Buzz walked through the valley of the shadow of death.

... My best friend spread the word about the pain my family was experiencing to solicit prayer and help, and to let me know I am surrounded by a caring community.

... Jeff and Gita Zeitler of Urban Forage Winery & Cider House not only donated a 5-year-old bottle of rum for the Bowling for Buzz silent auction, but they also gave me a bottle of their Dandelion/Lilac wine to try.

... So many of the folks I've written stories on over the last year have donated amazing items for the Bowling for Buzz silent auction. Dori Johnson of Paddlesculpt. Angela Schwesnedl of Moon Palace Books. David Glass of Black Bear Crossings at the Como Pavilion. Ruhel Islam of Ghandi Mahal restaurant.

... My talented friends have contributed fantastic items for the benefit. Christopher Becknell donated CDs and a private guitar solo performance. Amy, Jenni, and Brenda and other Team Yarn folks hand-crafted hats. Dawn Hohmann left gorgeous ceramic items for me on my parent's front door, a bowl, a vase and a mug. Sandy fashioned a box of handmade Christmas cards. My sister's mother-in-law is making an adorable kids apron. Jesse donated shrink wrapping and boat winterization services. Jeni put together an amazing and hilarious First Time Daddy Kit. My parents donated their delicious honey. Anita wrangled items from The Coffee Cup, Cambridge True Value and GTI Theater. The woman who helps watch the kids during in our bible study nursery has put together a basket. Other friends have sent donations. I have been so amazed at the generosity of people. Really and truly amazed.

... My daughter Josey knew just what to do when I got a text on Tuesday night that my Uncle Buzz had died, ending his fight with that terrible rare and aggressive form of kidney cancer that stole his life. How can a 5-year-old be so wise?

1 comment:

  1. You awe & amaze me more & more the longer I know you. You're just an awesome woman & a wonderful friends! You deserve every kindness shown you. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails