10 July 2012

Here's a great sangria for under $10


The best thing about not being pregnant anymore is being able to drink wine!

I’m currently reading a book about happiness. It’s titled: “Thrive: Finding Happiness the Blue Zones Way” by Dan Buettner. He points out that endorphin levels rise and folks feel happier when they drink a glass of wine — and the benefit is even better if you’re drinking it with friends. It’s the simple, little things...
This is a refreshing summer wine. Find it at Costco for under $10 a bottle.
I have a new favorite wine, and thanks to Costco’s liquor store, it’s very affordable. To be honest, I didn’t even pay attention to the exact cost of this wine. I just know it is under $10. After trying de la Costa Sangria at a friend’s house, I just knew I had to have more.

I love Sangria, and I’ve made it the long way many times before, from scratch starting with a strong red wine and then adding sugar, fruit and brandy. The de la Costa Sangria is a lot easier. Open it the fun swing top. Drink it.
It’s a delicious sangria. You’re not missing anything by not having fruit floating in it, but if you feel like you are, go ahead and add some to your glass and punch up the fruity flavor a little more.

Currently, this is my go-to wine during my 6-week-old’s 2-hour-or-longer crying bouts. A small glass helps relax me, and that’s pretty important during a crying jag that goes on and on. (And here I need to include this disclaimer: don’t go overboard when you’re taking care of an infant!! Drink responsibly.)

Glunz Family Wineries and Cellers out of Grayslake, Ill. makes the de la Costa Sangria. It’s part of the Glunz "Fun Wines" series. According to the web site: “These are wines we make to not take too seriously but to be enjoyed with the season. Sangria is our red wine that is flavored with all natural fruit flavors and spices. It is packed with citrus flavor a nice tang from the red wine and a clean finish with a touch of cinnamon. It is available in late Spring through Summer.” Their other seasonal wines include Sangria, Glögg, and May Wine.

Here’s to happiness!

Glunz Family Winery & Cellars
888 E. Belvidere Rd. Ste. #211
Grayslake, Illinois 60030
http://www.gfwc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails