08 April 2011

In time for summer: FlipFlop wine

Put a little summer into your weekend with a glass of FlipFlop wine (flipflopwines.com).


This is a wine company that doesn’t take itself too seriously. With bottles of wine priced at $7.99, they succeed in offering wine that regular folks can buy.


Just as flipflops are instantly likable and easy-going, so are these wines.


I cracked open a bottle of Pinot Noir recently. While I typically like Pinot Noir, I don’t count on loving each type I try. I feel that way about reds in general. Many are too dry for my taste. This FlipFlop Pinot Noir was perfect. Not too sweet, not too dry. A medium-bodied wine, the company boasts that it has bright cherry, sweet spice and a supple, velvet finish with cola aromas and hints of vanilla. My palate isn’t that developed. What I know is that is was the perfect wine to sip while I put my feet up. It’s definitely going on my list of wines to serve during gatherings. I’m even going to try it on the women I know who don’t really like wine.


FlipFlop currently makes seven types of wine:

- Whites: Chardonnay, riesling, pinot grigio, moscato

- Reds: cabernet sauvignon, merlot, pinot noir


Their bottles come with a convenient chart that not only gives you an inkling of the flavors in an easy-to-read way, but also states where the wine falls on the dry - medium dry - medium sweet - sweet continuum. Perfect!


Vitner David Georges became fascinated by grape growing while working at an organic vegetable farm in the Mt. Shasta region of California. After planting a small vineyard there, he was inspired to study viticulture at the University of California. His goal is to stay true to each wine’s varietal character, and to make great tasting wines that don’t break the bank. These are relatively new wines and were first released earlier this year. The grapes were harvested in September 2009.




“To each their own.” That’s a toast I can drink to!



I love it when a business supports a good cause like Souls4Shoes. It makes me want to drink even more of their wine!
For every bottle of FlipFlop wine purchased, Soles4Souls will distribute a pair of shoes to someone in need.


Wine isn’t just for drinking! Try cooking with the FlipFlop Pinot Noir, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails