22 April 2011

Get everything you need -- including extra cash -- at consignment sales

Have you heard of the huge consignment sales that are becoming oh-so-popular with moms?

I've posted about them before, but I'm writing about them again because I think they're so wonderful.

Here’s the idea behind this mega sale: Consignors bring their new and gently-used children's and maternity merchandise to sell. Shoppers can then browse and purchase these items at great savings, usually far below retail prices. Cash, credit and check accepted.

All of the clothing is hung on racks and easy to look through. The other stuff, such as cribs, basinnets, cradles, strollers, exersaucers, swings, toys, books, diaper bags, cloth diapers, slings, and backpacks, are organized well.

Since I have no trouble finding stuff I just have to have for my daughter, I try to go on the last day of the Just Between Friends sales when stuff if 1/2 off. If I was a new mom, I'd opt for going the first day though to be sure to get those big ticket items.

If you want to sell, you will make between 60-70% of the sale price. My cousin-in-law thinks that selling at these consignment sales is the way to go. "I only spend a couple hours gathering, entering online, and printing labels to attach to the items. When I did my garage sales a couple years ago, I spent more than 5 full days doing similar things," she told me. You also don't have to sit there for a day or two or three while you try to sell your merchandise. However, you can opt to volunteer at the sale and then you'll earn more $.

More at:

www.jbfsale.com

UPCOMING SALES

• Elk River: Coming up this weekend, April 28-30 at the Elk River Ice Arena

• Blaine/Andover: May 5-7 at the Andover Community Center

• Eden Prairie: May 12-14 at the Eden Prairie Community Center

• Woodbury: May 12-14 at the Bielenberg Sports Center, 4125 Radio Drive, Woodbury

• Edina: June 2-4 at the Hopkins Pavillon

• St. Cloud: June 9-11 at the St. Cloud Civic Center


Another sale like this one is the Munchkin Market. Again, sales are held twice a year in the spring and in the fall. The sales are in Stillwater at the Washington County Fairgrounds, Anoka County Fairgrounds and also at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. Cash or local checks. My cousin prefers to consign at the St. Paul one over the Anoka sale because there are more folks who show up to buy.

http://www.munchkinmarkets.com/

UPCOMING SALES

• Stillwater: this weekend, April 30 to May 1, Washington County Fairgrounds

• Anoka: May 14-15 at the Anoka County Fairgrounds May 14-15, 2011


A web site that compiles sales information is:

http://www.twincitieskidssales.com/sales.htm

Sale organizers have to pay for a listing, so it’s not complete, but well worth checking out. Sales are organized by area (North-West Metro, North-East Metro, South of the River, West Metro).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails