28 May 2012

Affirming birth, preparing for birth




Labor and birth is eminent. I can feel that it is close, and it’s all I want to focus on. I’m not interested in hopping in a car and driving an hour up north to my parents. In fact, I really had to push myself to get into the truck to drive to Target this morning for those last birth and baby supplies I needed. We were invited a few places over this Memorial Day weekend, and while I really wanted to enjoy the company of friends, I had to push past the desire to hunker down on the couch with a good movie, my daughter and some ice cream. 

I know it might be another three weeks this way, but that’s okay. I think the mind needs to prepare as the body makes its own final preparations, as that baby decides when it has spent enough forming inside my womb and is ready to greet us. I’m really looking forward to that day.

Until then, I’m getting ready.

Today, I prepared my birth affirmations. I plan to post these around the house so they give me strength when I’m in pain and need a cheerleader. 

Here are some of the affirmations I find inspiring:

• My body knows how to give birth and I will let it.

• Strong contractions are good contractions.

• I am strong and I can let my contractions be strong.

• I feel the love of those who are helping me.

• I am sharing in the vision and wisdom of all mothers of past generations.

• In this body, no fear
In this body, deep peace,
In this body, great happiness,
In this body, safety.

• I can do whatever I need to do for my baby to be born.

• If I listen to my body, it will tell me how to birth this baby.

• I accept the healthy pain of labor.

• Labor is natural, normal and safe for me and my baby.

• I am calm and relaxed. So is my baby.

• I am deserving of an easy, uncomplicated birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails