09 December 2013

Preschool poem #2: Sometimes I Forget

Writing poems and doing a fun activity have been great evening entertainment for us. For our second poetry lesson, we roped in Daddy.

The activity for lesson two was making boats from foil. I pulled up Google images of boats on my laptop to use as inspiration as we worked. The Shel Silverstein poem with this lesson is "Homemade Boat," and so we talked about what would happen if we forgot the bottom of the boat.





Then it was on to test the boats during a bath.


The questions in the lesson encouraged us to talk about various things we've forgotten (goggles for swimming, changing dirty panties, putting away socks), and what we would like to forget (cleaning my room). How do we feel when we forget stuff? Terrible. Cranky. Sad.

Then it was on to putting everything together.

SOMETIMES I FORGET

Terrible things
To change my panties
To bring my dolly and Leapfrog with
To put away my socks
Sad things

OTHER POSTS

- Click here to read about our first poem: http://drivingwiththewindowswideopen.blogspot.com/2013/12/preschool-poem-1.html

-  Click here to read about Poetry Tea Time: http://drivingwiththewindowswideopen.blogspot.com/2013/09/tea-time.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails