01 March 2014

Gifts 166-186

The Joy Dare continues. Learn more here.

February Joy Dare Prompts:
25. A Gift Worn Out, New, Made Do
26. 3 Gifts Seen as Reflections
27. 3 Ugly-Beautiful Gifts
28. A Gift Dull, Shimmering, Cleaned

MY LIST CONTINUED...
166. Now-worn out slippers from my dad that lasted 20 years
167. Chocolate souvenir from Boulder, Colo.
168. The tea pot I need to replace because it leaks, but I'm making due with until I find a deal on one
169. Axel's feet reflected in the ocean - remembered in photographs
170. The bathroom candle reflected in the mirror, the candle The Girl loves to smell so much she wants to camp out in the bathroom
171. Our faces reflected in my phone as we Google video chat with Daddy while he was away (love technology!)
172. The ugliness of the Kombucha scoby that is bringing me health
172. The ugliness of The Boy's moods this week as he struggles to bring forth speech from his baby babbles - What tough work!
174. Transition
175. The cast iron skillet before it is oiled but after it is clean
176. When the sun came out on the freshly fallen snow, it was too bright to see outdoors
177. The kitchen faucet after my mom cleans it
178. The way the house looks more orderly after my mom is over
179. The lamp after The Girl dusted it
180. A's Kale-broccoli stem salad
181. B's Chicken tortilla soup
182. C's nachos and salsa
183. C's wine
184. Memories of the summer of 2012 made alive again when I created a Shutterfly photobook
185. My parents driving all the way down to Minneapolis on a below -0 night to deliver the bunk beds!
186. Words bursting from the toddler's mouth: Bye-bye, Banana, Jo-Jo and Rora

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails