18 June 2009

Detour Season in Minnesota



Yep, it’s detour season here in Minnesota. I had a 3pm appointment off Snelling in St. Paul the other day. I barely made it there in under an hour.

First, the colleague I was meeting with directed me to stay away from Highway 280 because it’s under construction. So I opted to go the long way, heading over to North Branch to take 35E into St. Paul, then 94 west to Snelling. I neglected to remember that the path to North Branch was also under construction!

(Word to the wise: Don’t try to take Highway 95 either west or east from Cambridge. There’s a bridge out towards Princeton, and the road towards North Branch is torn up.)

Thus, with no time to spare, I was heading north on a detour instead of going slightly south to North Branch. Aiiii. We ended up in Harris before we were heading south the way we wanted to go.

Amazingly, I made it just in time to Coffee News in St. Paul.

Upon leaving, I opted to head north on Snelling instead of battling rush hour traffic on 35W. Bad idea. The north end of Snelling (near Northwestern to 694) is also under construction!

So, beware, you drivers. There’s road construction everywhere here in Minnesota.

1 comment:

  1. that sucks. i totally could've told you about the snelling stuff, though...driving in MN is always a bit of adventure, isn't it? in spring/summer/fall we have road construction...and in winter we have, well, winter...snow/ice...either way it's bound to be exciting...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails