17 June 2009

Other diaper tools

If you do opt to use cloth diapers, here are a few other 'tools' I've found helpful.


Make your baby happy by buying a wipe warmer. I know some people say not to do it because then the baby hates when you're out of the house and have to use cold wipes. While that may be true, the happiness a warm wash cloth brings to my baby is worth it! Diaper changing time is her favorite time. All crying stops when she's on her diaper changing table. We don't use wet wipes, but instead fill the warmer with baby-sized washclothes. I fill it up with water every day (even though the package said it would only need filling once a week. Yeah, right!).



Connect a sprayer to your toilet. It makes clean-up so much easier. We decided at first to do it ourselves, so we trotted off to Menards and dropped over $40 on supplies. My husband spent the better part of a Sunday afternoon connecting the sprayer up. The next day we discovered a puddle on the floor; it had a slow leak. After looking it over a bit, my husband decided to give in and purchase the ready-made package from Bum Genius for $40. It was easy to install and works great. I love it.

To keep the odor down between washings and to get the diapers cleaner, I spray each with Bac Out after I spray it out. You can purchase Bac Out at natural food co-ops; I stocked up by buying 4 gallons off Amazon.com. It has a fabulous lime scent that I love.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of Bac Out, too! ...thought I was the only crazy one. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails