26 January 2011

Great deals every day through Groupon, Crowdcut & Living Social


I love deals, but I’m not so big on shopping. I’m also lazy, so I hate having to go in search of deals.


That’s why I love Groupon, et. al.


I think those email services like Groupon were designed just with me in mind. I open my email every morning, I scroll through what they offer, if I like it I click, click, click and done. It’s fantastic.


Don’t know what I’m talking about? Groupon (and services like it) offer deals at 50-90% off stuff. For example, I recently bought a voucher good for $30 to the Mexican restaurant El Nuevo Rodeo for only $15 and a voucher for $10 to Tea Garden for only $5. Groupon emails you the day’s deal, and if enough people cash in on it, the deal is on.


The toughest thing about Groupon is remembering the voucher when I go to use it, but I’ve found that if I just show it on my phone, they’ll let me access the deal.


The second toughest thing is not buying something just because it sounds like a great deal.


I’m good at ignoring the stuff that totally doesn’t apply to me, like the doggy grooming and cosmetic surgery, but I’m easily sucked in by stuff that sounds good. Last summer I bought the Groupon for Gap: $50 worth of stuff for only $25. I’m not a usual Gap shopper and I figured that the rules of Old Navy would apply: 2 or maybe 3 pairs of pants for $50. I had a rude awakening at Gap. I barely got one pair of slacks there for $50.


Now I try to be pickier and to just buy the stuff I think I really can’t live without. Or the stuff I’ll be buying anyway.


I recommend signing up for all the deal services you can find. Right now, I subscribe to Groupon, Crowdcut, LivingSocial, and KGBdeals, as well as the Star Tribune Deal of the Day. I’m not a huge fan of the Tribune’s deals and am thinking about removing the KGBdeals, but I love the other three. It might sound like the deals just clog up your email, but I have them all go to the one account I’ve set up for junk email, so it doesn’t bug me.


A few extra emails a day is a small price to pay for good deals that I don’t have to work for.


Try it today, and I’m pretty sure you’ll be hooked too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails