21 January 2011

Wines I’m raving about this week


I confess that I get my best recommendations for wine from the Cambridge liquor store wine connoisseur Bobbi. And she told me I don’t need to spend over $10 these days for a great bottle of wine. My frugal soul has taken those words to heart. Occassionally I splurge, but I never feel like I have to in order to prove I have great taste. Nor should you.

Here are four wines I’m currently raving about...

• Lindemans Moscato
Moscato is my favorite wine, hands-down. Light, pairs with everthing and bubbly - what more could you ask for? At a wine sale last spring, I bought half a case of this wine. I couldn’t help myself. It was only $3 a bottle.

• Barefoot Bubbly Moscato Spumante
Yep, it’s brand spanking new. And quite delicious. This was my pick for New Year’s Eve this year. (Hey, just because I did my toasts at 9 p.m. because I couldn’t make it until midnight doesn’t make it any less good.)

• Europa ChocoVine
I can promise you that you’re going to love this wine. Think Bailey’s Irish Creme in a wine bottle. It’s billed as the “taste of dutch chocolate and fine red wine” by the Holland-based company. I’ve heard that there is also a Raspberry ChocoVine. I have to get my hands on a bottle of that soon...

• Frisk Prickly Riesling
It’s a riesling with an attitude - a bubbly attitude. I have to confess I have absolutely no idea how much a bottle of this stuff costs; it was a gift from a friend of mine with whom I share a love of cats. I plan to pick up some more though as I loved it. Sweet bubbly wine. It sounds like moscato!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails