03 June 2011

Looking for a baby shower gift?

Here are the things I recommend:

• Healing Body Butter by Olsen Naturals, $15

http://www.olsennaturals.com/catalog/i27.html

I stumbled upon this stuff in the first few months of my pregnancy while browsing through the Mill City Farmer’s Market. I’ve used it for a million things. It is fantastic! It kept stretch marks at bay; I applied it every night when I was pregnant. During those first days of breastfeeding, I used it as a nipple cream to keep from experiencing those terrible cracked nipples (everything is natural so I didn’t have to worry about the baby injesting it). And whenever she got a diaper rash, I put the body butter on. Ingredients include organic coconut oil, organic jojoba oil, organic shea butter, local beeswax and organic cocoa butter.

• Healthy Meals for Babies & Toddlers by Valerie Barrett

My cousin-in-law gave me this book before Josey was born. It empowered me to make my own baby food. Sections cover nutrition, weaning, allergies and introducing new foods. Recipes range from infant rice and first purees to falafel with carrot salad.

• Bath Toys

When we prepared for our first shower, I asked my husband what he wanted to register for. He had only one request: bath toys. Since our daughter was born, baths have always been their time.

• Smock bibs from Ikea, $3.99 for two

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70179754

I’ve written about these before, but I love them so much that they’re on my list of items to give. These smock bibs cover the entire shirt and sleeve. Plus, they have little pockets that catch falling food so that it doesn’t hit the floor. They work great from baby to toddler.

• Go Fish, “Party Like A Preschooler,” $10

http://www.gofishguys.com/cms/pages/the-music.php

Go Fish keeps our family sane. Josey loves their music, and it doesn’t drive me crazy like a lot of other tinny kid’s songs do. Party LIke A Preschooler is a collection of many well-loved kids ditties, such as Do Your Ears Hang Low, 5 Little Monkeys and Pop Goes the Weasel. Buy one album online for $10 and then all the rest are just $5. That’s a deal.

• First Aid/Choking/CPR Chart, $2.95 each

https://www.nfaap.org/netFORUM/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?webcode=aapbks_productdetail&key=d4c5689a-b05b-4806-ab79-c964dacf35db

This chart from the American Academy of Pediatrics should be hung up in every child’s bedroom. The quick guide helps folks respond quickly in an emergency. Topics include burns, scalds, fractures, sprains, head injuries, poisons, skin wounds, stings and bits, as well as infant/child CPR. The chart is 11x17 inches.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails